Monday, January 7, 2008
A demand for Discipline
When Arianna returns to the barn, things change. They don't get better or worse per se, but it's different from when she's not around. Her half a dozen nameless latex-dolls are quiet enough not to disturb the others but they do fill up the place quickly.
When we're all at the barn, there 17 of us, not counting the occasional visitor. Us, the five Crafters, Bianca, Yanda's 2 slaves and her newgirl, Lac's three daughters, and the six dolls, chained like two Cerberus', three collars and for three heads on each of two leashes, one for each hand of Arianna.
Arianna's hair is long and white, draping over her slender, rather flat body, always wrapped inside beautifully decorated latex of the darkest, most spotless black. Her eyes betray her wisdom, her experience, but her skin keeps the secret of her true age well hidden. Still smooth, even though somewhat white, she could compete with any mid-teens beauty-queen. Her natural authority is something only to be admired - even the defiant Yanda has rarely raised her voice against her. When she speaks, others listen, and even when she is silent people seem to always turn to her before speaking, seeking the approval of our mentor - the First Crafter.
Lacrimae once told me Arianna wasn't always a 'DeCuir'. Her surname what more of a title than any reference to her ancestry. What made it all the more intriguing is she always avoided questions about her past - and though generally Arianna wasn't big on providing conversation, she didn't seem evasive about any other topic. What we did know was out of the 5 of us, she was the only 'pure woman' between us - even though the sight of any skin below Ariana's neck was as rare as a full Eclipse of the sun. In many ways, she was the negative of Lacrimae, who seem to lack pure authority and discipline but oozed a lust for life, love and freedom.
"Any progress?" Arianna inquired briefly.
I shook my head and got up from my chair, Bianca following on all four. "Not yet - I think I have some new leads, but some emotions remain difficult - especially as we get only one shot to do it right - there is no way I can regrow the brain tissue yet once it gets damaged."
Arianna nodded understandingly. She had been following my research on emotional patterns closely. Her hunger for control and discipline led her to believe I was on the verge of discovering a final solution for the unwilling - the few that had consistently manage to resist her authority. "If you need any of my dolls to experiment you will let me know." she offered,glancing over Bianca with a mild look of disgust - probably caused by the obvious lack of discipline. The girl still acted more like a puppy than a slave, freely expressing her excitement or any other emotion she was still capable of having, most of all affection, something the nameless dolls of her where first taught to forget about.
Which was also what made the offer of the silvery woman rather useless - and she knew that too. The latex dolls would not show any difference if their thoughts or emotions where artificially suppressed. I smiled and slid my fingers through Biancas hairs, petting her briefly. "I will, but I don't think that will be necessary. I just need to dig a little deeper into Bianca's brain and test some new implementations."
"Very well." Arianna smiled and tugged one of the chains, dragging her latex-slut cerberus behind her. "I need to walk 424, 524 and 75 - let me know if anything comes up Miss Gemini." she said in an almost melodious tone as she walked away, her latex coat dragging over the floor.
Turning back to my deciphered notes I shook my head. The research was indeed progressing as planned, but I wasn't anywhere near 'mindcontrol' yet - I had found ways to damage the brain, shut down certain emotions but that was not control. First of al because there was no way to reverse the process, and secondly it required extensive surgery. Also the lack of good test-subjects was somewhat slowing my progress. Biancas willingness, even eagerness to forget and obey made mindcontrol barely noticeable - much like the latexdolls. I needed someone unwilling, someone resisting so fiercely even the slightest change in behavior would be noticeable...